Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Saying Good-bye

"The turning points of lives are not the great moments. The real crises are often concealed in occurrences so trivial in appearance that they pass unobserved." George Washington

It has been far too long since I have posted and my heart was in it. You see, I lost a very dear friend suddenly and without warning last fall. . .and it has taken me some time to breathe again. . .

I ran across Washington's quote today, and it gave me food for thought. . .Certainly my friend's life wasn't trivial. . .but the loss was a turning point for me that I am only now seeing clearly. . . 

Loss is a part of life. . .My Daddy told me that years and years ago. . .but as I get older, it seems I feel it more. . .especially when I lose someone I knew and loved. . .So for the last several months, my heart has been sad and broken. . .But I have pieced and patched and healed it so that it is beating almost full strength again. . .I have stepped back and reevaluated my life. . .to make sure I'm on the right path. . .It hasn't been easy. . .but it has been the best thing that has happened to me. . .Out of loss, I have learned about life again. . .

So here I am. . .Eager to share my summer adventures with you in this lovely little town of Ste. Genevieve. . .While I must say 'good-bye' to my friend, who will ever remain in my memories. . .I can say 'hello' to the future with an open heart. . .

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do--then do it with all your heart." George Washington

1 comment:

Melody A. said...

Broken hearts do take time to put back together in some form, so I understand. When we lose someone, who they were to us keeps them living on. I wish you kindness for your heart. Take care and God bless from Iowa