Friday, September 22, 2023

The Dining Room Will Sparkle


 I couldn't be happier that fine lead crystal is coming back into vogue. . .While my mother loved silver (and all the polishing that goes with it). . .it's the "sparkle of diamonds" crystal for me. . .


I have just begun unwrapping some of the heritage pieces I own. . .Little by little and each time I return to the farm, I bring back with me those things that warm my heart. . .This last time, not only did I bring back treasures from my aunts, mom, and grandmothers. . .I had managed to get my favorite 19th century Queen Anne chairs from Scotland in the van, too. . .With the English tea table of the same era, they are the perfect size for the dining room. . .not so large that a person feels cramped. . .


I will be utilizing lead crystal pieces over the entire house. . .It's not just for the dining room and kitchen. . .There will be pieces in the living room, bedrooms, and maybe even the bath. . .





I had another reason to get the chairs, table, and crystal in some kind of order. . .I needed to see the overall picture in my head. . .because. . .it's time to order the chandelier!!!!


I had plans to put my Mom's chandelier up. . .It was actually my Grandmother's before her. . .The crystals on it were from Austria and perfectly beautiful. . .But I have looked and looked for a year with no success in finding it. . .I decided Mom didn't want her chandelier hung in the dining room (grin). . .No. . .if it's found, maybe the living room. . .because. . .as I thought back to it, her vintage beauty would be a little small. . .I ditched the idea and began to look around. . .

There are so many gorgeous ones now, I have spent weeks looking. . .thinking. . .planning. . .and I still can't tell you which one I will choose. . .I need to order soon, though. . .The one that is the front runner today has to be custom made. . .I'd like it here by Christmas. . .





And so it goes. . .decisions. . .decisions. . .but having fun with it. . .Can you guess which style I'll choose? . .Maybe one of these three? . . Or not. . .Only a little more time will tell. . .



No comments: