Saturday, June 15, 2019

Saturday at the Farmer's Market

Well. . .I don't believe it. . .After trying to visit the Farmer's Market in Ste. Genevieve for over a year. . .when we were up for the weekend. . .we finally made it. . .Either festivals were going on. . .or it was closed for the weather. . .or it was just not happening. . .But, it was worth the wait. . .don't you think?




Since I have become intolerant of pesticides and additives. . .my body demands only "clean" food when possible. . .Summers are the easiest to find such foods because it seems there is a farmer's market of some kind in most towns. . .except where our farm is located in Arkansas. . .
So I am thrilled to find that Ste. Genevieve has it's own version. . .and that the quality of the fresh veggies, baked and canned goods is amazing. . .And there are cage free eggs buy, too. . .It's been probably twenty years since I've had that kind of egg. . .I'm anticipating an omelet for lunch. . .one like my Mom would have made. . .



Will I return next week? . . Of course. . .Maybe I'll see you there?

Ste. Genevieve Farmer's Market at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Market Street. . .
Open Saturdays at 7:00


1 comment:

The Farmers Daughter said...

From John: And I got the sweets!!!!!! Apple Cinnamon Bread. That will go good with an omelet!!!!