Friday, July 19, 2019

A Saturday Walk Around Town

Audubon's Grill and Bar

Last Saturday I was weeding in the backyard when suddenly I heard music. Live music. I grabbed my camera and headed toward it. . .That's one of the perks of living downtown on Main Street. You can literally walk anywhere in the historic downtown easily. . .And. . .walking gives a person time to see the details. . .I never leave without my camera because I never know what interesting shot I might see along the way. . .

Two blocks down, at the intersection of Main and Merchant, I found the German band. . .
. . .playing those peppy polkas and other German style music. . .They often perform at festivals and other special occasions. . .I listened for a while. . .talked to a few friends. . .and decided to stroll back home by making a loop from Main Street to 3rd to Jefferson and to Main again. . .Here are a few of the photos I snapped. . .I can't post all of them because there's just too many. . .Ste. Genevieve is a photographers Paradise and the number of opportunities is tremendous. . .

Sara's Ice Cream Parlor
Show Me Shop
Merchant Street



Merchant Street

 Shaw House at the Missouri State Park


At Town Square

Third and Merchant Street

Third Street

Martin Intress House, ca 1842, Third Street

Does He Have An Attitude or What?
And, then I'm back home. . .on the street where I live. . .
Heil House, ca 1865 (or earlier)

Schirman House Next Door, ca 1864

Main Street Inn

A Main Street Renovation
What a great time I had. . .just strolling down four streets. . .Love this little town. . .

No comments: