Thursday, January 17, 2019

Our Ghost Cat

I have another Ghost. . .a Cat this time. . .

It happened in the early morning, long before the sun rose. Bleary-eyed and just waking up from my long night's rest, I slowly crept down the stairs where Mr. Coffee awaited me.

As I measured out the coffee and grabbed the spring water, I glanced at BJ (my then four month old kitten) coming down the stairs, landing safely and walking into the living room. I spoke to him, without actually turning. . .

"Good Morning, Sweetie."

 Finishing the coffee, I then walked into the front room to join him. No BJ. Was he playing one of his favorite games of hide and seek? He hides and I seek? I waitied for a while. No BJ. Did he go back upstairs? I went to look.

There he was at the top of the stairs, sound asleep in his basket. He hadn't moved an inch since I went downstairs earlier. There were no signs that he ever came down at all.

"Come to think of it, that downstairs cat was much larger than BJ and had short hair much darker than BJ's mix of light and dark gray," I said out loud.

Suddenly, I was awake. . .Wide awake. . .

A couple of mornings later, BJ did come running down the stairs as I was making coffee. I made sure it was him. As he headed for the living room and his favorite toys,all of sudden, he came to a claws out, screeching halt in the doorway, arching his back like he was a big boy. I quickly peeped inside the room to see what that quick stop was all about. There, disappearing into one corner, was the shadow of our ghost cat. This time not as life-like but definitely present.

There have also been a few nights before bed, that I heard meows, soft and low. . .and not from BJ. He was curled up on the couch asleep each time. Maybe the ghost cat was doing the same?

Once I got over the shock of finding that I own two cats--one being alive and one being a ghost--I decided it wasn't a bad thing. After all, I only have to feed one of them. . .and BJ has someone to play with when I'm out. . .A good thing. . .


To read about the other Ghost of Heil House, Click Here
This lady still makes an appearance now and then,
as well as arranging certain items to her liking.
There's never a dull moment. . .


No comments: